Advice Forum

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
adhill008
FWG peasant

Advice Forum

Postby adhill008 » 04 May 2013, 19:29

Would it be possible to add a subforum section under General Chat or Serious Discussions where forum users and chatters can post dilemmas/issues they're struggling to cope with and anyone(not only mods) with experience on the subject can give their take on what said user can do?
The reason they call it The American Dream, is because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Angel
Human Overlord

Re: Advice Forum

Postby Angel » 05 May 2013, 02:29

At the same time I think its a great idea, its also not such a great idea.
Some people are pretty insensitive and might make stupid comments just trying to be funny. . . serious problems shouldn't be put where the whole world can see them. . . Just causes more troubles. . .
It was a nice thought though :)

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 05 May 2013, 11:45

people usually post these types of questions in guy or girl chat.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 07 May 2013, 10:15

I think it's a great idea. Even though this kind of stuff is put into the Guys and Girl's chat, those are just for trying to get your crush to like you, know what I'm saying? But some people deal with problems irl, that they have no one to talk to, and they can post it on the forums and talk about it on the forums.

There's also a lot of people on here, like Ducky, Als, and I that can give good advice to people who need it.

All in all, I think it's a great idea, because it can probably help a lot of members here vent out anger that they have that they couldn't do with anyone they know personally. And, if the problem they're dealing with is a huge problem, they can make it basic as possible, and switch your friends and family's names with random people, and so on.

Now, for some responses.

AlsAngel wrote:At the same time I think its a great idea, its also not such a great idea.
Some people are pretty insensitive and might make stupid comments just trying to be funny. . . serious problems shouldn't be put where the whole world can see them. . . Just causes more troubles. . .
It was a nice thought though :)

Those people shouldn't even be posting in those kind of topics in the first place, if they're going to be posting that kind of stuff on topics where people actually need someone to talk to.

FWG Leader wrote:people usually post these types of questions in guy or girl chat.

As I said up above, those topics are usually for trying to get your crush to like you back. Some people here deal with family issues, or bullying, or a fight with a friend that they just don't know how to solve, and no one is there irl, to understand them and talk to them.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 07 May 2013, 12:32

shadow, I swear I read the same thing twice in the above post...

I've seen this suggestion before.
How many times does it happen that someone wants to give up their privacy and ask such questions as intended above?

Not enough to make a new forum.

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 08 May 2013, 22:37

Hitokiri wrote: shadow, I swear I read the same thing twice in the above post...

Fail. XD
Hitokiri wrote:
I've seen this suggestion before.

Which means more than one person wants it. We should make a poll! :D All in favor? Anyone? Anyone? Okay.
Hitokiri wrote:

How many times does it happen that someone wants to give up their privacy and ask such questions as intended above?

Not enough to make a new forum.

I think it's an excellent idea. What if it is a serious problems though like overcoming sucidal thoughts or getting over self-lonliness or insecurities, and they want more than just a certain genders opinion?
Hito don't be so uptight. It's a good idea. :)
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 08 May 2013, 22:45

Lightning Orb wrote: What if it is a serious problems though like overcoming sucidal thoughts or getting over self-lonliness or insecurities, and they want more than just a certain genders opinion?
Hito don't be so uptight. It's a good idea.

Those kinds of things are much to serious to be brought here for help. I mean, sure there are those who care and could give great advice, but its just kind of a scary thought.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 09 May 2013, 22:20

Lightning Orb wrote:I think it's an excellent idea. What if it is a serious problems though like overcoming sucidal thoughts or getting over self-lonliness or insecurities, and they want more than just a certain genders opinion?
Hito don't be so uptight. It's a good idea. :)

Let's leave that in the hands of professionals.
Too many untrained people on here who are obviously unqualified.

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 09 May 2013, 22:21

No no. Wrong-O.
I brought my problems to the FWG forums as well as other people. Having the general public opinion is better than a set gender.
& its not scary. It's informative.. Define scary.
Scary being ..filling childrens heads with ideas?
-If thats the case..look at about 70% of Serious Discussion topics about death and nuclear war .. this isnt as bad.
I say try it. If people use the new advice subforum for purposes unimportant, then just remove it.. duh.
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

Return to “Suggestions”