If you were really popular at school.

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Re: If you were really popular at school.

Postby The Divine Potato » 07 Jun 2013, 23:46

_nadztar_ wrote:One thing that really bugs me (no offence to anyone that might be in this situation) is that people become popular just for their good looks. It happened at my old school, where all the guys and the girls that had the looks, the outgoing attitude and the casual demeanor towards school and 'nerdy' stuff were popular. It just shows that they're conceited people who really need to get a life.

I read a book similar to that called beastly its a very interesting novel
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

wolves rock
FWG King

Postby wolves rock » 08 Jun 2013, 06:11

Didnt that become a movie o.o
ImageImage

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 09 Jun 2013, 20:39

wolves rock wrote:That would be horrible, it'd be so much pressure to not mess up. I'm fine with just the friends I have. No need to go overboard

I know people that are popular because they mess up... Not a pretty site..
I've lost my pieces.

adhill008
FWG peasant

Postby adhill008 » 10 Jun 2013, 06:28

Lol you guys make being popular seem like it's a bad thing. I wasn't the most popular person at school but I was a part of the "cool kids" group. At my school being popular meant that you had a lot of money and spent it on flashy things. We mostly stayed popular by avoiding the lame kids and by going to any party around. The guys that were popular at my cool were the ones that could get the most girls and the girls that were popular.... I'm not sure how they ended up that way lol
The reason they call it The American Dream, is because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Elcoolio
FWG Earl

Postby Elcoolio » 10 Jun 2013, 06:46

Yeah you are all making it sound like being popular is a terrible thing, your right though having heaps of friends, getting all the girls/boys, going to all the parties, and having people looking up to you does sound pretty terrible
People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 11 Jun 2013, 02:06

Elcoolio wrote:Yeah you are all making it sound like being popular is a terrible thing, your right though having heaps of friends, getting all the girls/boys, going to all the parties, and having people looking up to you does sound pretty terrible

nah its not terrible, but once ur on top, the only way to go is down.

in any case, most people who are ultra popular usually enjoy the attention, so the pressure isnt much of an issue.

just be urself, I say.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

mop

Postby mop » 15 Jun 2013, 09:21

In my opinion, it's easier to stay in the shadows. Not a lot of people will notice you, but it's worth it. If you observe the popular people, it's like they struggle to keep their 'followers' interested in them. They usually do the same thing over and over again until their 'followers' lose interest in them. Once they start to lose interest, that person has to think of something new just because they fear that they will one day be lonely, but there are also some good outcomes of being popular. For example, the amount of friends you have.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 15 Jun 2013, 23:04

mopofdoom wrote:In my opinion, it's easier to stay in the shadows. Not a lot of people will notice you, but it's worth it. If you observe the popular people, it's like they struggle to keep their 'followers' interested in them. They usually do the same thing over and over again until their 'followers' lose interest in them. Once they start to lose interest, that person has to think of something new just because they fear that they will one day be lonely, but there are also some good outcomes of being popular. For example, the amount of friends you have.

But if you do stay in the shadows then if someone notices you then they may not like what they see. In any case it's better to stay away from those who look shady or uuuuuuh etc
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

danny
FWG Mod

Postby danny » 17 Jun 2013, 16:12

i did fine in the shadows, because when ever i was in the limelight it was becaus ethe popular kids decided to bully me. so yeah i would call being popular a curse because a good person would have to sacrifice their moral identity to remain popular and cool. and avoiding the lame kids really shows the level of one's character.

Imo to be the best person you can be, be nice to everyone, actually sit and talk with that lonely kid. it makes their day when someone takes interest in them more often than not and what have you got to lose except a few minutes of the day?
True beauty lies in the heart, so i must look like stein :D

mop

Postby mop » 17 Jun 2013, 21:48

Another reason why some people stay in the shadows is because they're afraid that other people will judge them by their looks or personality. And yes, this happens. As Danny said, take some time out of your day and talk to the lonely person. If you spend time with them for a while, you'll start to see some changes.

Return to “General Chat”